There is more to vision than 20/20. Some vision problems cannot be solved with glasses alone, but are best treated with Vision Therapy. Optometric Vision Therapy is the science and practice of developing visual abilities to achieve optimal performance and comfort involving fixation, eye movement control, focusing and eye teaming, as well as visual perception and visual information processing.
Through their individualized treatment programs, patients of all ages learn to use their visual abilities in new or more efficient ways with the guidance of the doctor/therapist. Although similar to physical therapy, Vision Therapy rather than just muscular exercises, involves thought processes, since the eyes are a direct outgrowth of brain tissue. Dr. Catherine Kennedy and her staff are prepared to design and implement such a program for you or your child in one or more of the following areas:
- Learning-related vision problems
- Amblyopia (lazy eye)
- Strabismus (wandering eye)
- Visual instability/double vision
- Attention deficits, spectrum disorders
- Computer vision discomfort and stress related problems
- Visual information processing
- Visually induced headaches, eye strain, motion sickness
- Vision rehabilitation following brain injury
Call us at (978) 465-3491 or email us to schedule your appointment and start working towards your optimal visual performance today.